Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


After baking nearly 40 pies, cheesecakes and baklawa, I'm resting. Once the word got out, everything I pulled from the oven sold before I even had it labeled. The very last hanger-on was an extra scrap of baklawa that I made for a Lebanese customer. With only 2 minutes before close, in walks the last victim...I mean customer! She needed raspberry flavoring (which I happily shared with her from my personal stash), and out she walked with a beautiful box of freshly made wholewheat baklawa (75% pistachio). Lucky her, and lucky me. This morning I'll do just a bit of baking for us, and then get back at it tomorrow. Thanks to all who enjoy my food either in their mouths or on their computer screens.

3 comments:

Manggy said...

Awesome sales Rob! So happy for you :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and to Tyler!

Gfron1 said...

Thanks guys. The bloatfest is over. Back to the kitchen for another day tomorrow!