Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tooth Rot

I'm bored with breakfast. Cereal - blah. Toast - blah blah. Eggs - ho hum. So today I went on a mission into our store. We sell Soreen, which was a customer request. It bills itself as a malt fruit loaf. Its the oddest texture of any marketed food that I am aware. Think gummy bears with yeast. It just coats your teeth and mouth and you can't get it out no matter what you do, so you might as well work toward swallowing it. So I did. I grilled a couple of slices on my cafe panini press, a dollop of butter, and you know what...its good! The crispness from the grill, with the gooeyness was a nice combination. It still gunked my teeth, but it was worth it. I ate a whole loaf. Now we'll see what happens on the other end :(
soreen2

2 comments:

Manggy said...

Okay, that sounds like gooeyness overkill! Gummy bears and yeast?! How appealing, hahaha :P

Anonymous said...

Wow - this Soreen stuff is absolutely fascinating.

They have a recipe on their website for quesadillas with it!

http://www.soreen.com/spicy_malty_pork.asp