Monday, January 11, 2010

Savory Pithiviers

These have made it into my regular catering repetoire - pithiviers. It started with the recent FoodieBlogRoll Joust but has morphed. Make your favorite puff pastry, or buy the store bought stuff. (BTW, I've heard many Trader Joe's no longer carry their puff). Use a cookie or biscuit cutter to cut your base. Brush it with a whisked egg. Cut the middle section using the same cutter. Then use then next smaller cutter and remove the center. Lay on top of the bottom and brush again.

For this job I used Gorgonzola Dulce, truffle oil, honey and pecans as my filling.

Ain't she pretty...

Cut your top square and cut a vent in the center. Lay on the pithivier, brush the top with melted honey and sprinkle with truffle salt.

And, of course, I forgot to get the final picture as I raced out to my cater :( But they were very good.

No comments: