Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sometimes...

I just don't get people. Today was my first day staging at our café and I did my usual in at 6 am thing to make some sweets. I made a lemon mousse: Lemon curd folded into an Italian meringue, folded into whipped cream, set on top of lady fingers soaked in amoretto and caramel. As far as taste goes, it was probably the best thing I've made in months. I sold one. I ate two. I'm not sure how to get people to buy things that aren't chocolate chip cookies or tiramisu. It looked pretty. I described it clearly. Yet, people still didn't try it. We'll see what happens tomorrow. My money is on whomever bought the first one, coming back to buy another.

2 comments:

Manggy said...

Sorry to hear that, Rob... *When* the aforementioned person does return, give him/her a wink and say, "Hey, do you mind loudly proclaiming how fantastic the lemon mousse was?" I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige, haha :)

Gfron1 said...

The only saving grace when this happens is that I get a lot of the dessert for myself. Good thing I'm running fairly regularly.
(and another thanks for the photo tip - the blog sure looks good these days!)