Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recipe: Campton Place Pancakes

I love breakfast - the sweet kind with a side of bacon, but it is really hard for me to make breakfast with all of my other cooking. Last week, knowing I had a long day coming, I stopped to make some hearty pancakes from one of my cookbooks. Turns out that they were some of the best pancakes I had ever had:

1 C AP flour
1 C Cake flour
¼ C Whole wheat flour (btw, mesquite would be very nice here)
3 T Sugar
2 t Baking powder
1 t Baking soda
¼ t Salt
¼ t Cinnamon
2 Eggs
2 C Buttermilk
1 t Vanilla
2 oz (half a stick) Unsalted butter, melted

Sift together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the buttermilk, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk in the flour mixture and combine well, but do not overmix. As you can see I also added blueberries which were tossed in the flour mixture before adding the liquid.

3 comments:

Sharlene T. said...

Gosh, those look yummy! Do you know how many miles I would have to walk to shake off all that goodness! Thanks for sharing. Will use this on company...

Manggy said...

How about chestnut flour? Just kidding. I gotta confess that I've never made them from scratch before (except for flop gingerbread pancakes) - I like the boxed stuff too much! Ever try a yeasted one (sits overnight) or freeze cooked ones?

Gfron1 said...

It took me a day to figure out the chestnut comment...man that stuff was bad. I still have about 10#s of that stuff. And Sharlene, nothing wrong with a few extra miles on the weekend.