I found this easy and superb recipe recently at epicurious:
- 3 pints firm small cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup good vodka
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
Cut a small X in the skin of the bottom of each tomato. Blanch tomatoes in a saucepan of boiling water three seconds and immediately transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking.
Drain and peel the tomatoes, transferring to a large shallow dish.
Stir together vodka, vinegar, sugar, and zest until sugar is dissolved, then pour over tomatoes, gently tossing to coat. Marinate, covered and chilled, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Stir together salt and pepper and serve with tomatoes for dipping