Monday, March 24, 2008

Bunny bits

This weekend I cranked out five different international Easter pastries with the help from a star pupil - Dustin. Dustin signed up for my baking class this weekend which I had to cancel, but I still needed to bake for church. So we spent about six hours making hundreds of cookies and two really cool sweet breads. Below is an Italian sweet bread with anise. This one was the only full-out failure - it just didn't rise, so we used it as a centerpiece.


Then this is a Greek bread with Mahleb and almonds. I didn't particularly care for any of the desserts we made this weekend and I have thus concluded that international Easter sweets suck. There you go. No need for anyone ever to make any of them ever again. Just stick with the Peeps and we'll all be happy. Blah!

No comments: