Monday, December 26, 2011

Recent Dishes

This was my 2011 signature Christmas dessert. Back in June I made a cacao based mincemeat that was macerated in three boozes until last week. The mincemeat was served with a fresh ginger ginger cake, passionfruit coulis and orange creme anglais.

The week before I served this: chocolate sablé, almond dacquoise, passionfruit bavaroise, dark chocolate mousse, coconut gelée

I've also been playing around with colored chocolate. Here is an attempt at a frog with red and yellow speckles and gold luster. I'm really wanting my airbrush now.

A savory dish for my friends at Bauscher - Moroccan spiced fermented cashew cheese, spiced beets, piñones and pumpkin seed streusel

Last week's dinner special - leek ash ravioli filled with local goat cheese and my own preserved lemons.

Curious Kumquat

2 comments:

MitchHellman said...

Here's your next culinary challenge:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/398627_338138502882276_205344452828349_1267970_918186859_n.jpg

Tri2Cook said...

Nice dishes. Looks like you've been busy. I haven't done much experimenting or creating in a while. I frequently miss being in a situation where experimenting and creating are part of the work.