Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Getaway Reading List

Rarely a week goes by when someone doesn't bring me a book or article to read and with my time so short, they just stack up until that special moment comes. And now I've got three weeks to get caught up!

Some of you will recognize the Big Fat Duck Cookbook in there and I see José Andres peeking out from below this Garrett Oliver Dude. Below them are:
A re-read of Blumenthal's In Search of Total Perfection
Flower Confidential - a behind the scenes look at the flower industry
Coming Home to Eat - politics of local foods
Food of the Americas
Hermé's Macaron
My Search for the Seven Molés
Two back issues of the Art of Eating - still my favorite magazine/journal
Preserving
Greweling's Chocolates and Confections
Pintxos - tapas
Cooking with Prickly Pears
and a slew of articles from New York and New Yorker magazines
oh yeah, and a recent review our our dinners HERE.

1 comment:

Tri2Cook said...

Congrats on the awesome review!

Nice read list too. The only books from your list that I have are the In Search of Perfection books, the Fat Duck book and Chocolates and Confections. I've read the Blumenthal books thoroughly, the Greweling book not so much. I keep meaning to get back to it.