Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A few more recent dishes

I'm wrapping up my current menu with only two more weeks, then all of the current dishes will go away. I love the evolution of dishes over time - Csíkszentmihályi's flow - where my confidence and abilities align to create the dish that was created in my mind long ago. Here are a few to retire...

Gazpacho. Served in a double wall sake glass with Idiazabal cheese, sunflower sprout holding Balinese pyramid salt, rose petals from our garden, bottarga and arbequina olive oil.

Cayenned cucumber sorbet. Cucumber noodle. Red cabbage sprout. Spicy white chocolate.
Recipe added for Sharlene: 2 C cucumber juice, 1/4 C agave nectar (honey or corn syrup), juice of one lemon, a pinch of salt, pinch of cayenne. Blend, strain, freeze. How's that for simple.

Crispy cheese ball. Garlic khadichi rice. Red cabbage sprouts. Mozzarella. Spicy chili garlic sauce.

Asparagus Forest. At the restaurant staff is instructed to say, "Too many ingredients to describe." Contains herb leather, saffron orange leather. Three mushroom paper. Salt cured egg yolks. Dill sauce. Mixed sprouts. Roses. Orange mousse. And a few more things depending on my mood that night.

3 comments:

Sharlene T. said...

They're gorgeous and I'll bet, yummy! Love the cucumber sorbet idea...how could I possibly duplicate that at home???? come visit when you can...

Twitter: SolarChief

Tri2Cook said...

Your food has really evolved. I've always thought you were creative but you've been taking it up to another level lately. Very cool.

Gfron1 said...

Sharlene - I just added the recipe in the original post, so give it a try. Larry - What's fun is that I now get a chance to tweek a recipe until I'm happy with it versus my normal one time shots. My philosophy has been "If it doesn't get a strong reaction from the guests, kill it or fix it." So we have and now every dish is a hit.