Monday, March 26, 2012

Random Yumminess

This is a new cookie for us:

We call it a Spring Shortbread, but really its a spinoff of alfajores. Cornstarch based cookie infused with lemon zest, topped with candied violet petals, crumb, toasted sunflower seeds, Balinese pyramid salt and a bit of Valhrona white chocolate grated on top.
And here's Adam who made it - the tall one, not the short one. He's been my pastry guy for a while now and will be heading to ABQ in the Fall for college - I doubt you'll find a more competent pastry worker in the Duke City...he'll be looking for work.

And here's someone who's kind of competent himself - me doing some precision cuts on a dish I'll show in my next post.

Our Easter bon bons are starting to roll out...more on those at Easter.

Last week's dinner special - Aji de Gallina (Peruvian chicken stew with aji amarillo)

And finally we've been serving vegan saffron ravioli stuffed with cashew cheese...very good.

No comments: