Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fancy Food Show Pt 3: My Favorite Finds

Screw the raindrops and cream colored ponies! We're talking about food here! And while my "work" at the show is to find products for the store, my game is to find the best products out there. Two stand above the others.

First we have the salt from Japan collection. I'll be honest, I didn't mind flirting a bit with their staff. But I had also recently read about one particular Japanese salt being the best there is and nearly impossible to find in the US. So when I saw this booth, I took my rusty memory to task hoping to find that holy salt grail.

A little bit of flirting goes a long way and my request for A (translation = one) sample resulted in this collection of salts and a whole bunch of bowing.
There is no English on these packages so I have no idea what I have, but I'll sure have fun testing them out. I'll do a follow-up post as I use them and learn what the heck I have. This one was particularly beautiful.


Then my show favorite:

A chilled lemongrass infused vinegar from a Korean company. The vinegar is actually a product of Taiwan. The first visit to their booth I was told it was good for my overall health and in particular my lungs. The second time they said it was best for my memory. The final time was my blood pressure, but they warned me not to drink so much. This is intended to be diluted 5:1 with cold water. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this drink. It will find its way into the next tasting menu.

No comments: