Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Crock Pot Recipe #4: Beth's Inauguration Chicken

Unfortunately no pic - although really, its all brown glop coming out, no matter what it looks like going in. Have I mentioned that I am so craving anything that's not mushy right now! But back to Beth's recipe. I passed on her Fall recipe since...well...its not Fall and I'm a stickler for those kind of things. I may go back to it after I finish giving everyone their first chance. I also passed on Duncan's recipe idea since he doesn't want a prize (I mean like really, who doesn't want a prize...must be a nutjob!). I'll go back to his idea at the end also. Which brings me to Beth's inauguration chicken.

You can find her blog writeup about it HERE. Another fast and simple recipe. Mix 2 T. soy sauce, 1 T. maple syrup, 1 T. brown sugar, 1 garlic clove and 3 oz of tomato sauce. Pour that over chicken and a couple of chopped up carrots. Cook on low forever. What an odd little meal. But it was very good - you can never go wrong by putting sugar in my meals.

Just as I was about to eat this over leftover rice from work, a knock at the door led to fresh tortillas, soup and fixin's. So I ate half of the fixins and all of the inauguration chicken inside of the tortillas. I'm a full and happy boy.

Next up: Bridget's pulled pork (OMG, I have to pull it...sounds like a lot of work)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Loving all these recipes you're trying! I emailed you the recipe for the French Onion Lamb Chop Casserole (I wasn't sure whether to email or post it).