Saturday, January 3, 2009

Crock Pot Recipe #1: Pam's Pork Ribs


I've said it a zillion times and I'll say it again - Pork is the most unphotogenic food there is!

My first crock pot recipe came from Pam. To repeat what she posted in the comments of the contest post...

Sprinkle boneless (I used bone-in) country style pork ribs with your favorite seasoning. I used Cape Herb Co. Crystal Pools grinder. On the other side of the pot she calls for good sauerkraut. Since our town apparently doesn't believe in good sauerkraut, I bought Claussens jarred "Crisp" kraut. As Pam suggested I added two apples, some brown sugar (can't go wrong with that!) and a few ounces of apple cider. She called for it to cook 6-8 hours. I didn't have that luxury, so it cooked from 6 am until 7:30 pm. When I went home at 2 to walk the dogs the moisture had all dried up so I added a couple more cups of cider. I served it with a baked sweet potato with butter and brown sugar.

This fit the bill for sure - very fast to prepare (less than 10 minutes), and it was very tasty. I would definitely make this again. The meat was super! Thanks Pam.

No comments: